Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gave up on cash

I decided that since I can not put in a ton of volume it probably wasn't a good investment of my time to dabble around playing 8K hands of cash a month. So I have been back to sng's. I came up with an aggressive plan for moving up as I am overolled for where I am starting, but this "shot" will make it easier for me to move up and gain more expierence at higher levels quicker. I'm going to start at the 3.40's with 20 buyins in my "BR" and move up when I hit 20 buyins for the next level until I hit the $55's <--- this may take awhile. I am also forcing myself to 6 table them instead of 10 to really focus and make sure that I am making correct decisions. There's no reason that I shouldn't be able to kill through the 16's as I was doing well at the 11's and 22's at FTP. Now why should I play the $3.40's on a 1k roll? I think it's a psychological thing. If I do the 20 buyin "roll" then if I hit the $55's and have to move down or get crushed I've lost only $68 of my "roll". I know it's retarded and it shouldn't matter and I'm a puss but w/e. I've rationalized it, and it makes sense in my mind as to why my shots failed before so this is how I'm going to try this time. I decided to do this 4 days ago and here's my stats so far at the $3.40's:

games: 56
roi: 19.95%
total profit: $38
current "roll": $106 (w00t almost to the $6.50's already)

Really I don't see a problem gettin myself up to the $27's. I think I'll be bouncing back between the $27's and $16's for awhile as I think the $27's is where there are people that actually can play. I know there are plenty at the $16's but they aren't the norm like I think they will be at the $27's.

laters,
bu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home