Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Playing cash

So I've been trying to refind my 6max NL game. Haven't played a ton of hands but it feels like I have forgotten a lot. From playing HU it seems my hand reading has gotten better, and even though I get to the point where I think I'm beat I still find myself calling and paying off far to often for my liking. Even though I was playing/running bad at 25nl my BR stayed even thanks to limit 6max. Here's a hand I played particularly bad. I don't have many stats on the guy as he's only been sitting for a few orbits. I panzy out and don't c-bet cause limping weak Ax's seems to be the norm for these guys and I didn't want to build a big pot. I know I'm super weak.

I was a little surprised to see what he limped/called with pf. I took note and continued playing. Here's another hand that left me loling. O.K so you call with your gutter all the way. Why's he calling the river?


I later donked about $15 away against another "big stack" (bu ~ $55, him ~$67), when I flop two pair he flops straight and he let's me "value bet" the whole way, didn't even raise the river, although a backdoor flush showed up. Probably should've lost more.

Some random thoughts:
I'm thinking about taking a break from the CT LNPT games since that is really the only time I have to play anymore, with summer house projects, getting ready for the baby, classes, and trying like hell to get my car into a paint booth before winter so it can be reassembled throughout the winter and be ready for spring, playing time is at a premium. While I enjoy the games and the camaraderie that they offer, my br would have only slightly increased without the 180man wins and the two large field FT's. My goal is to get back to putting 10k hands a month in (I know not really that many but it's been awhile for me). Shouldn't be a problem 4 tabling two hours a night 4 days a week but I don't want to do more then 4 tables. I want to improve my game not just grind 9 tables of 25nl forever. Also After talking some with Jojo I'm going to start taking shots a little more often and quit being such a BR nit. Before my latest cash out I was playing 25nl and 50nl on a 5k BR. Who the hell does that. After I get back to feeling comfortable again I think I'm going to use the 20 buyin rule and take some shots if I see that the games are good. No sense in puttering along.

laters,
bu

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Feldman said...

w00t for the shout out. glad to help. also, lol at the bankroll comment. of course i'm up at the "lofty" limits now, but i'm playing awful deep too.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home