Sunday, January 20, 2008

Played a live tourney

First time playing with this group of players. I got the invite from a buddy at work. 8 people $10 buyin first $50 second $20 Third $10. To my suprise they had a pretty decent blind schedule to. From the start I was on. I read every one almost perfectly. I can't believe how bad some people are live and how many tells they have. My normal group don't seem to give off tells like this group. Hand shaking, and facial movements were pretty common. There were two pretty decent players in the group. I got HU with a 3-1 chip lead. We traded blinds and a couple of small pots before the first all in and call. I doubled them up and they offered to chop. Now I knew I was the better player but this is a group I wouldn't mind playing with again especially since they were talking about making the start time earlier to play more than 1 game a night. I also didn't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth about the new guy not accepting to split or whatever, and I'm not sure on if they ever play cash games, but if they do I would really love to get in on that. I had fun and got to play live so I accomplished what I wanted. I'll have to start hosting a regular game again now that the game room is finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home