Monday, September 08, 2008

Been awhile

It's been a bit since I updated this thing. I got really busy writing two final papers and preparing for two final exams. Then once that was done I spent most of my free time finishing up the baby room. Then started to scrape and paint the house only to then have it rain for four consecutive days. Now I'm waiting for everything to dry out. On the poker front I have found my self despising nl. I have forced my self to play, and had pretty bad results mostly from me not paying attention because I didn't feel like playing. I felt like playing some limit and sngs, did, enjoyed myself more because those were the games I felt like playing. I guess I'm not cut out to grind a single game for a ton of hands, so I'm not going to force myself to play if I'm not enjoying it. I of course will still play, just when I want to, not because I "have" to. I think your state of mind is one of the most important things in having good sessions. If your not into, obvs you will not be playing your "A" game and things will not go your way. So there's the quick update on what's been going on. The due date is two weeks away so I'm sure I'll be playing more during the late night feedings as well.

laters,
bu

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Feldman said...

i'm disappointed a bit, b/c i was hoping to have someone i knew well to do discuss as we went along, but completely understand too.

i hope not to burn out before i build up a few 100k roll, ya dig? :D

don't get too excited about playing during feedings. 1) 3am = u feel like shit 2) 3am = 50k people online = nit city. 3) feedings are difficult with one hand. i'm getting there, but my baby is 3 months old now.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Wes917 said...

Not saying I might not give it a go again, but right now with classes, the baby, and work I don't have a ton of time to really focus either. Not to mention the time I have to play is during some of the worst hours to play = not feeling like playing. I will say this though at .5/1 - 2/4 limit it seems there are always some really good tables no matter what time you play.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home