Friday, June 29, 2007

Cake 10K gntd

Decided to play the $30 + 3 10K gntd last night on Cake bc it started the same time as the CT tourney. I was pretty card dead and when I did get good cards I'd seemingly just pick up the blinds or take it down on the flop with a c-bet. I really didn't play many hands so I probably looked like a super nit. Once the blinds started getting bigger I started stealing more and no one really put up a fight. It helped that I didn't move table during the first hour and a half. The whole tourney I was right in the middle of the pack. I didn't move up any until a hand where I was OTB with around 18xx chips. I'm the second shortest stack at the table. Blinds were at 75-150 and theres 3 limpers so I raise it up to 700 hoping to pick up the dead money from the limpers. Blinds both fold, original limper folds, next calls(damn), next folds. Well at least it HU going to the flop. Flop comes 8,7,6. I'm thinking sweet a set and I can't wait to see that guy flip 9 10s. He checked and I thought for awhile and pushed figuring I had outs if called and needed the chips if I wanted any shot at making the money. He thought for awhile and called and showed............you ready................Q10o. WTF sweet thanks for that call. No miracle 9 for him and I double up. Nothing really major happend after that, just kept chipping up taking the blinds, or taking it down on the flop. Once we got down to 25 it was a total crap shoot for everyone except the two big stacks. The average stack was 8BB's. The hand I got knocked out on guy UTG min-raised(he had raised the last 3 orbits UTG) all fold to a 3BB stack OTB who pushes and I look at JJ. I push over the top my 9BB's hoping to get it HU against the button. UTG calls. I'm hoping for 2 AX type hands. I got one UTG had QQ, Button had AK. No help and I'm gone. I'm pretty sure it was the right play as the only real money was in the top three and if I take that down I have a real good shot. So another deep finish with not much to show for it. O well next time.
Congratulations,

Out of 355 players in Tournament 501700, you came in 22nd and have won
$74.55.

You've also been awarded 21 Cake Points for participating in the
tournament.

Best wishes,
The CakePoker Team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home