Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A good end to a bad start 2K gntd on Cake

After a pretty bad start at FTP I decided to play the the 10+1 2k gntd on Cake. There were 241 runners at the start. Ended up making the FT as a "big" stack sitting 3/10. The chip leader had about 2x as many chips at the start of the FT. He proceeded to donk them all of though and finished his night early. When it got down to four players I was sitting second behind one large stack of about 170K me with 70K and two 40K stacks. Then something strange happend. One of the players disconnected and the big stack took advantage. The other 40K stack seemed to decide he didn't want to get involved and get knocked out before the disconnected player. The big stack and I butted heads a few times trying for the dead money. HU started with the big stack at approx. 230K, me at approx. 90k. I built up to around 105K then lost around 30k on a hand that I plain screwed up and let him push me off of. Down to 70K and this hand occurred. I was BB he was button. Stacks 75K and 245K. Blinds were 2/4K I think maybe 3/6k w an ante I forget what it was now I'll have to see if I can get the HH. He completes his sb I check in the BB with 72. Flop comes Q 8 2 r I lead out for 8k he calls. Turn 5 I check he checks River 2 I lead out for around Half the pot he shoves I call and show trip 2's. He shows KK. The power of the hammer lol. This hand put him on crazy tilt and I ended up taking it down. A good end to a bad start. I think the one thing that stands out about this tournament was, I was never actually all-in until HU. I had the opponent covered everyother time. That kinda stood out about this tourney. A +$602.50 payday. Not bad for 3.5hrs.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home